Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Chocolate Protein Pancakes

Giovanni Orfin
English 101
Mrs. Kelly Anthony
3/26/2014


The reason I started cooking by myself was because I started lifting weights and I wanted to eat healthier.  My parents always made their food with a lot of oils and always made some kind of dessert with added sugar.  They were always adding a lot of salt to the food and a lot of other seasonings that I did not like because it just tasted bad to me.  I started cooking myself because I wanted eat healthier, whenever I wanted, and I wanted to eat whatever I wanted.  I learned to cook by having my dad teach me and having YouTube help out also.  One of my favorite foods to cook was a protein pancake.

The reason why I like making the protein pancake is because it is just so easy to get all of the ingredients together and it does not take much time at all to make it.  The ingredients are also all cheap and I always have so much available in my fridge.  I also make the pancakes because I lift weights and I think that it is a great post workout meal and it helps me recover from my workout because it has so much protein in it and it also taste very good.  I made the pancake myself without following a specific recipe I was just bored one day and decided to make a pancake my own way which turned out pretty great.

            I would eat the protein pancake after I came home from the gym and I really liked the pancake because it was a huge pancake and it tasted like chocolate.  The ingredients of the pancake were 5 whole eggs, half-cup flour, half a cup of Greek yogurt, and my chocolate whey protein powder. Once the ingredients are together then I  put them in the frying pan and then wait a couple of minutes.  As the pancake is cooking I always like seeing how huge it gets when it is done cooking, it triples its original size.  I also like the hearing sizzle that the eggs make when they are being cooked. 

            Once the pancake is done and ready to eat I take it out of the frying and put it in the biggest dish that I can get (that is how big it gets) and set it on it.  The pancake smells like pure chocolate and always looks so good and even though I feel so tired after the gym I always feel energized after I am done eating the pancake.  The reason why I like pancakes in the first place is because when I was little my grandma used to make my a lot of pancakes mainly chocolate ones and I always thought that it was the best dessert in the world.  My grandma can’t make my pancakes all the time and they are always unhealthy so that is why I decided to make my own version of pancakes that way they can be healthy and so that I can eat them whenever I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment