Sunday, January 26, 2014

Jung Typology Test

Jung Typology Test
When taking the Jung Typology Test there was a lot of pretty interesting questions that were asked about what I would do in certain situations.  I thought that the questions were pretty interesting because the questions where pretty much putting me in a situation and asking what would I do.  There were a lot of questions and for every question I really had to think about it before I gave an answer for each one.  The test was simple to answer, all I needed to do was put it in a yes or a no to complete each answer.
            I don’t think that the Typology test can really describe you or how you do things because the Typology test is simply just a test that someone made.  To the answer the questions on the test is very basic and the questions it asks are very basic as well.  The test gave out questions that put you in a situation and asked you what you would do and I’m pretty sure that the answer you gave to the test would be much more different that what you would do in real life.  If it was a really advanced test then I might be able to believe the test more because it would seem a lot more believable.

            The results I got back from the test surprised me because it didn’t really describe me at all or how I am as a writer.  I looked at the jobs that it brought up for me and I looked though and did not like a single one, which gave me even more evidence that the test did not really work.  The test simply uses the answers that you give it and puts it into algorithms to deliver you the results.  I really did not like the results that the test had given nor did I like the questions it asked because it was very basic.  It is just like an ACT test, if you get a low score it doesn’t mean you are stupid and that you were never be smart for the rest of your life or smarter in other areas.

            If there were a test out there that could describe your personality perfectly then nobody would even have to bother trying to figure who they really are.  People could just easily go online and take a test to find out who they are and then stick to the results the test gave them back and then people would never try to change.  People really need to just find who they are all by themselves without the help of anyone else or anything else.  I think that the only real test that people can take to find who they really are, are the tests that they face everyday in real life.  A piece of paper should not dictate or tell you who you are or how you write, the only person that should tell you who you are is you.


            The Typology does not help me in writing in college because I feel like it does not do a good job on giving out advice on what to do to get better in writing.  It does not give me want to learn about writing which won’t help me out at all.  I feel as if I just need to find my own way to help myself learn on how to become a better writer rather that using the results of a test to tell me what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment